Today’s world is turbulent in such a way that extreme climate change would cause us immense damage in life and property and the edge over the competition shortens due to swift high-tech advancement. All of these have posed a gigantic impact upon and challenge for the corporation. While observing the challenges brought by climate change, we have already implemented series of counter measures such as continue to expand the capacity of solar power systems, develop environmental friendly, energy saving, and high energy efficiency house appliances, establish ISO 50001 energy management system, carry out greenhouse gas emission inventory and product carbon footprint.
||Opportunities and counter measures.
||Changes in technologies on the financial position and operation of the company
- With the mass demand for energy efficiency & carbon reduction technique to cope with global warming, The Company has developed deep technical foundation, kept putting efforts on research & development, and expanded the business of key products as well as system aggressively in smart grid to ensure its technology and market leading position in domestic electricity generation, power transmission & distribution and energy management. Tatung marches into oversea market and aims at the energy technology industry leader.
- With the trend of energy efficiency and carbon reduction, the Company has strived to develop high-quality green home appliances with health, environment protection, energy-saving and high efficiency concepts to increase the sales performance and profit.
- Establishing solar PV systems to minimize air pollution and greenhouse gases.
|Lack of water resource
- The factories do not have manufacturing process that is highly water demanding. However, Tatung still takes water-saving factors into account when replacing old production equipment.
||Carbon cap control or carbon tax
- Implementing ISO 50001 in the factories.
- Implementing energy saving projects.
|Disclosure on carbon emission information
- Carrying out GHG inventory in the factories.
- Carrying out product carbon footprint inventory.